A quick and non invasive way to become pain-free
At Foot Centre Group wear committed to providing you the best possible treatment to ensure you are pain-free in the quickest time possible.
Why is everyone talking about Shockwave therapy?
Shockwave Kick starts the healing process
- Shockwave stimulates blood flow to the injured area – Re-vascularisation occurs in the target tissues, producing new blood vessels which improves blood flow and removal of waste products.
Shockwave is safe
- In addition to being non-invasive, shockwave therapy is safe. There are no serious side effects. You will feel pain after the procedure, but that is due to the stimulation of the body’s natural healing process. The pain usually doesn’t last beyond 24 hours and during that time you should avoid rigorous activity.
Shockwave is proven to be effective
- Many independent studies have shown shockwave therapy to be highly effective. They generally point to a success rate between 60-90 percent.
Shockwave provides immediate pain relief
- Getting you mobile as quickly as possible
Shockwave can assist in the following conditions
- Heel pain
- Achilles pain
- Arch pain
- Neuroma pain
- Bursitis pain
- Shin splints
- AND MANY MORE
The radial shockwave treatment is generally applied in 10 minute episodes. During this 10 minute treatment, you may receive up to 3000 pulses of which help to stimulate growth and recovery. Frequency of treatment is individually specific, however Shockwave Therapy is generally recommended from 1 to 5 times.
Slight discomfort can be experienced during treatment, however any pain is often noted to be relieved immediately after the treatment.
It is perfectly common to feel some level of soreness post treatment. There may be small localised bruising to the area, and rest from aggravating activities is recommended for 2-3 days after treatment.
- Sound wave shock treatment
- Stimulates regeneration and repair in muscles, ligaments and tendons
- Treatment duration 10-15 minutes, 3000 pulses
- Approx 2-5 treatments recommended
- Let us know if you’re pregnant, have a bleeding disorder or are taking blood thinning medication
Want to learn more? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us 0n 9553 0044 or book online here
Foot Podiatry that keeps you grounded!
Written by Tess Beddome – Podiatrist at Foot Centre Group