In Podiatry News


Podiatrist or Physiotherapist for foot pain?

If like many, you’ve been experiencing foot pain and have concerns you should always see a health care professional straight away – whether that is a Podiatrist or Physio, the sooner the better.

Your first point of call should be to speak to a Podiatrist. Your Podiatrist is a foot specialist, they have dedicated years to specialising in one part of the body to become a somewhat ‘expert’ in that area. Your podiatrist will assess the origin of what is causing your pain and provide you with the foundations to see you return to full health as soon as possible.

Physiotherapists have dedicated their time to the whole body and often do play an important role in the recovery of foot related injuries. Whilst your Podiatrist may be your initial practitioner for your concern, your Podiatrist may refer you on to a Physiotherapist who can provide additional assistance if necessary.

The great thing about both these health care professions, is that they often work simultaneously. Your Podiatrist will often have a Physiotherapist they often refer to, or even have one working in the same clinic. Together they will work together to provide you with the best possible care.

If you have any concerns regarding a foot concern  give us a call on 9553 0044 or book online here. Your Podiatrist will be able to give you the best advice to ensure you give your feet the very best care they deserve.

Foot Podiatry that keeps you grounded!

Written by Rhys Pierce  – Podiatrist at Foot Centre Group










Recent Posts

Leave a Comment

Call Now Buttonshock-wave-therapy