Foot Centre Group is proud to be a registered provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a program funded by the Australian Government. The scheme is for Australians under 65 years of age, who have a permanent and significant disability. It is designed to help these individuals achieve their goals and live their life to their full potential. The scheme works by helping with costs associated with having a disability.
Is Podiatry Covered By The NDIS:
Since the 1st of October 2019, the NDIS service added eight health related support services as an option for participants. This included Podiatry services. Registered participants can access all reasonable and necessary Podiatry support as part of your NDIS Plan.
Our Podiatrists at Foot Centre Group enjoy working and supporting the national disability insurance scheme (NDIS) participants to enhance their independence, mobility, overall health and quality of life. We work with each participant to understand their personal health goals and develop a plan together, to achieve their objectives. Our experienced Podiatrists ensure that you receive the best podiatry care possible.
What Conditions Can A Podiatrist Treat Under The NDIS?
As an NDIS provider for Podiatry, our podiatrist provides a wide range of services to help and assist each ndis participant. Each of these services are based on the individual needs and personal goals of our participants. Our aim here at Foot Centre Group, is to provide a service that will improve your overall quality of foot and lower limb health and help you achieve your goals. Our podiatrist goals are to enhance your quality of life, health and allow you to live life to its full potential.
As a NDIS provider we are committed to providing you with the highest quality service support.
We are able to provide services under the following categories.
- CB Daily Living
- Improved Daily living skills
- Assistive Technology
These services that are include under these categories are:
- General Skin & Nail Care
- If you have trouble reaching your feet to carry out basic foot care such as cutting or clipping and filing your toenails,removal of callous and or painful corns a podiatrist can help to look after and treat this for you.
- Nail Surgery
- Ingrown toenail management and correcting any nail deformities through permanent solutions.
- Biomechanical Assessments
- NDIS clients who are experiencing pain and/or discomfort in the lower limb affecting their ability to walk or exercise comfortably.
- Gait Analysis and Orthoses
- NDIS participants who need intervention through offloading of foot structures to reduce and prevent any discomfort and/or pain and to allow them to live life to its full potential
- Assistive Technologies:
- Products that will help NDIS participants live their life to their full potential.
- Offloading devices ( Cam walker, Darco shoe)
- Felt padding
- EVA paddings
- Toe separators
- Strength and conditioning
- Allows NDIS participants to regain strength and mobility through the ankle and the foot to help with day to day functions.
- Footwear Advice
- We can fit footwear that is suitable for each participant, to ensure they can complete day to day activities at the highest level.
Are There Any Specific Podiatry Treatments That Aren’t Covered by the NDIS?
The National Disability Scheme covers all aspects of Podiatry treatment and intervention.
However, depending on your plan and funds allocated this will determine the services you can access for your podiatry care.
If you’re unsure if you are eligible or if the NDIS will fund your podiatry care, you can check your plan or have a chat to your support coordinator. Our podiatrists are also happy to call or get in touch with your coordinators to discuss what funding you have available to you. Our podiatrists are happy to get in touch with any other support providers such as physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech pathologist, exercise physiology or any other services to work together towards your goals and achieve the best outcome for you.
How Do I Claim Podiatry Through The NDIS?
Claiming podiatry is simple and easy here at Foot Centre Group.
At the time of booking your appointment we will ask for your NDIS number and other relevant information. If you’re self managed we ask that you bring your management plan, your NDIS number and your preferred payment method.
If you’re managed through a case manager we ask that you provide us with your NDIS number, NDIS management plan, case manager name and contact details (email address, contact number and organisation contact details as well as any extra information we may need to assist in sending off the invoice)
If you have any questions our friendly receptionist and Podiatrists are more than happy to help with any questions.
Does Pillar Health Offer Home Visit Podiatry Services
Is At-Home Treatment Covered?
Yes, NDIS covers all at home podiatry care as long as podiatry is covered in your management plan.
What Conditions Can Be Treated With At-Home Visits?
At Home consultations can cover:
- General nail and skin care
- Wound management
- Pressuring offloading
- Wart treatments
- Footwear advice
- Orthotic therapy
How Do I Book NDIS Podiatry Services?
If you have an NDIS plan and would like to book an appointment with one of podiatrists feel free to book online and select NDIS Initial or subsequent visit.
You can also contact us on 9553 0044 or 9772 9579 and talk to one of our friendly admin members will be happy to assist you in the booking process.